Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


August 17, 2012

Review: Torn by Dean Murray

Torn Shape shifter Alec Graves has spent nearly a decade trying to keep his family from being drawn into open warfare with a larger pack. The new girl at school shouldn't matter, but the more he gets to know her, the more mysterious she becomes. Worse, she seems to know things she shouldn't about his shadowy world.

Is she an unfortunate victim or bait designed to draw him into a fatal misstep? If she's a victim, then he's running out of time to save her. If she's bait, then his attraction to her will pull him into a fight that'll cost him everything. Excerpt and cover from
Goodreads.

Torn wasn’t my favorite werewolf story. It didn’t drag me into the story like other werewolf novels do. I felt that there were important details missing from the story that left me lost and confused – this may be due to the fact that there is a companion novel Broken that is based on Adri’s perspective that maybe fills in the holes. I like the idea of the story being told by 2 different characters but I think it would have been more beneficial for this story to have switched narrators than 2 different novels. The characters were interesting but flawed which was what made them unique. I’d also like to know a little bit more about why the 2 packs were against each other. There wasn’t much details on why just a few hints. Overall, Torn was an alright werewolf novel with room for improvement if the series continues.   Special Thank you to Dean for providing me a copy to review.   The Rating: 3 out of 5   Where to buy:

Amazon
B&N
Smashwords

Cassay Sig





No comments:

Post a Comment