Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


September 17, 2012

Smart Chicks Kick It–2012 in EDMONTON!

Poster taken from The Smart Chicks website: http://www.smartchickskickit.com/downloads.html

I was so excited to hear that the Smart Chicks Kick It Tour was coming to Edmonton. Several months ago when the tour was first announced I woke up and started scrolling through Facebook and I noticed Margaret Stohl’s FB status was I’m going to <insert city>, <insert city>, Edmonton…. *Cue Cassay squeal* I also logged onto Twitter to see multiple @ posts to me telling me who was all coming to Edmonton. I was so excited that running around my house yelling OMG GOD AUTHORS ARE COMING TO EDMONTON! I smacked my head with my cell phone. Yep I’m a klutz and it freaking hurt!

Anywho, I was lucky enough to get to attend this years event and I was lucky enough to join the Edmonton Book Bloggers group and a bunch of the ladies arrived early and saved us some spots in line. My journey started by heading to the buss stop to pick up a fellow blogger who came up from Calgary. It was amazing getting to know Jennifer of Misbehavin’ Librarian and I was honored to give her a ride to the event. We ladies started talking and the time flew by while we talked books and books to movies while we waited for the event to start. BTW there was a huge debate on JCB being a good Jace for the City of Bones movies on FB and it did come up again in line…..seriously he isn’t that bad ladies! Smile with tongue out

Anywho, the authors finally came out and talked/answers questions from fans. I was listening  so closely that I forgot to take pictures!

I would like to thank Kelly Armstrong and Melissa Marr for putting together the Smart Chicks Kick It event and Chapters Westside for hosting! You did an amazing job keeping the lines organized and talked with your customers as we waited in line. That was very cool of you.

Here are the pictures I took from the event.

This is the group of Bloggers that showed up! I’m the one with my eyes closed. I’m so lame. Make sure you show them some love – you can find the directory here.

IMG_1483

Here is Charles de Lint, Veronica Roth, Margaret Stohl and Melissa Marr

IMG_1486

Here is Melissa Marr, Kelley Armstrong, Beth Revis and Ally Condie.

IMG_1487

This is me and Ally Condie. Ally is super nice. I blanked out on what to talk to her about I felt bad but I was super shy to meet her.

IMG_1488

This is me and Beth Revis. I got to meet Beth in Vancouver and I got both of Beth’s books signed already so I picked up a copy for a friend of mine. Beth is super nice and I felt easier talking to her because I met her before. She also has double jointed shoulders.

IMG_1489

This is me and Charles de Lint. Too bad I wasn’t blinking as well we would be matching. Hehe. I share a name with his niece! Super cool.

IMG_1490

This is me and the lovely Melissa Marr. Melissa is amazing - I <3 her so much. I waited in line an additional 2 hours to get the rest of my Wicked Lovely series signed. We talked about her delicious breakfast in Edmonton that morning. She had what sounded like the most yummiest pancakes ever! I don’t do pancakes for supper but I kind of wanted to have pancakes when I got home.

IMG_1492

Me and the amazing Margaret Stohl (who makes my day at these signings with her witty comments that crack me up) and the LEGEND….wait for it DARY! Veronica Roth. I don’t really remember if I said anything but Thank You to Veronica but it was great to met her and I was totally start struck!

IMG_1493

Me and Kelley Armstrong. I have been lucky enough to meet her 3 times and this time I tripped over a mic wire and backed up into the stairs and fell over. I was sooo embarrassed! Apparently I was just that excited to meet Kelley again that I made a fool of myself. I am also not to sure what I am looking at but Kelley looks amazing! I love her teal blouse.

IMG_1494

Those are my pictures! I had a blast I got to know some fellow bloggers that live near me. Who would have thought? Had some great chats in line with Ambur from Burning.x.Impossibly.x.Bright while we waited in line a 2nd time to see Kelly and Melissa again. Well worth the wait.

I also got to witness a 9 or 10 year old boy get his copy of Divergent signed and he had a smile from ear to ear just getting the chance to talk to Veronica. Witnessing that made it worth standing in line for those additional hours.

Thank you again to Chapters Westside and Indigo Green Room!

Cassay Sig

8 comments:

  1. So much fun! I love big signings like this.

    Aww, so cool that you got to talk to Ambur and meet all those awesome bloggers. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun one of these days I'll make it to your neck of the woods and we should go for coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was SUCH a fun event! I'm happy we could all attend! And I really hope that MORE authors come to the city -- that would be awesome!

    How sweet to see the little boy get his copy of Divergent signed! Honestly, I think I was most startstruck by Veronica and Beth since I ADORE their books!

    Thanks for sharing, Cass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was tons of fun, can't wait to attend more events like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cassay! I am so excited to be able to find and follow other Edmonton bloggers :) LOVE your pictures. Interesting to hear that you had already met a few of the authors before. This was my first ever signing and I was sooo nervous meeting the authors. Probably starstruck, like you! Anyways, hopefully we'll get to meet one of these times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post, Cassay! :D I don't even remember what I talked to the author's about. Their books mostly. :P I did tell Veronica that I couldn't wait to read the last book, even though I don't know what it's called yet. And she said the file is actually called Detergent, which definitely made me laugh. :) Hopefully I'll get to meet plenty more authors and I'll get more eloquent! ;D

    I had a great time getting to know you in line, too! :D It only actually felt like we'd been there super long once we got near the end again...and when we were stuck in the spot close to the cash registers. :P We should've taken a picture together with Tammy, too, while we were in line...silly us! :P lol

    I'm not gonna comment on JCB, but I totally chuckled that you brought it up! Hilarious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice sitting beside you in the front row :-) I hope this is the start of many more exciting events for EBB

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great recap! I never get tired of reading these :) And you got some really good pictures of you with the authors! Mine are soooo awkward lol.

    ReplyDelete