Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


October 24, 2012

An Update on Why You May Not See Me On The Blog For A Bit…

Hey Everyone,

How are you all doing? Excited for Halloween? I know I am. I am being Katniss. What are you being?

So I’ve been avoiding writing this blog post for awhile now and mostly because it breaks my heart and I wish I didn’t have to but I do.

I will be taking a break from blogging for a next little bit. The reasons…well there are 2 main reasons.

1) I have been extremely busy with school. I’m wrapping up my degree this year (yay!). Hoping to be down by next August. The exams are major exams that I only have 3 attempts to pass otherwise they say “Bye choose a new career” Yeah it sucks and causes a lot of stress

2) If you following me on Twitter or my personal Facebook page then you already know this but….last month my mom was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer (or 2 depending what research papers you read). Anyways last Wednesday she went for surgery for treatment and I have become the “mom” of the house. So I am now in charge of making sure my step dad, mom, sis, boyfriend and myself have breakfast, lunch and dinner, make sure chores are done and that nobody dies on my watch. Believe me it’s a hard freaking job and moms are amazing. I totally ain’t ready for kids.

So for these 2 reasons I am taking a break from reviewing. I just don’t want to additional stress of having to read and review certain novels when I have more important real life things to focus on. I will still post update posts, random reviews and still do RAK (depending on funds) but I just won’t be regularly posting…..not that I ever did in the “school months” as much as I tried. I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven’t forgotten about you.

If I you sent me a review request anywhere between Nov 2011 and June 2012 I have emailed you and made arrangements. If you didn’t receive an email from me it could be 1 of 2 reasons. I may have deleted your email by accident or I have read your novel and just need to write up a review, but please email me again so we can work something out as I feel horrible for accepting your novel to review and may not ever get the chance to review it.

Until next time.

Cassay Sig

8 comments:

  1. Oh Cassay, I'm so sorry about your mom and everything I can only imagine you and your family are going through. Blogging will always be here and we're here for you...life and family are more important and everyone will understand. And try not to burn yourself out (I know, easier said than done) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie/Cassay (Which one do you prefer?) I hope you're mom will get better soon! I send you and your family my good wishes. (: And, like Kristilyn said to me, your blog won't run away. We'll be here!

    Good luck on your exams!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne. That is true blogs can't runaway. They would disappear if the power went out though like in Revolution....scary thought.

      I prefer either. I answer to both. You could even yell "Hey you with the face" and I'd turn haha

      Delete
  3. Aw, Cass -- I'm so sorry about your mom! Take all the time you need. Life is definitely the more important thing. And like Brie says, blogging will always be here for you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete