Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


November 7, 2012

Oct Wrap Up/ Nov RAK

Hey everyone,

Did you all have a good October? Lots of treats from Halloween?

October was an alright month for me I got to experience the 1st EVER Edmonton Expo. I have this to show from it:

031208-N2YZ

Yes that is me with MISHA COLLINS from Supernatural!!!! Woot woot….don’t know him he is Cass the Angel. He asked if Cassie was my real name and when I said “Yes” his reply was “Well that is fuuuucked up” I giggled like a school girl.

I also won an N7 Mass Effect shirt that my BF stole from me. Bought a World of Warcraft artwork piece for the condo. I had an amazing time there.

I also got to meet up with the Edmonton Book Bloggers and we had a great time chatting about books. Most of the time we were talking over each other.

Today, was a shitty ass day with the roads their was a blizzard out and tons of accidents. Last I heard by 3:30 p.m. there was over 200 of them and at least 3 were fatal Sad smile.

We also heard from my mom’s doctor about her Chemo treatment and the Dr. doesn’t want her to work for the next 6-7 mth because it will make her ill. So my hiatus will probably be a little bit longer than expected. I also move in March is is only 5 mths away! Yes I am having mild panic attacks over these.

Anyways enough about me lets get on with the RAK.

This month I sent Montana (though I had issues getting the right wish list – seriously don’t know what I was looking at!) Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. I look forward to seeing what Montana thinks of this novel.

Montana sent me Origin by  Jessica Khoury. Canada Post is being slow with bringing me my book Sad smile.


RAK button FINAL1

{Please click on the RAK button above to be re-directed to our Book Soulmates Store on Amazon. You can find all your favorite titles there and add them to your shopping cart.}

The leaves are changing color (somewhere!), the air is cool and crisp (somewhere!) and people are switching out flip-flops for boots (somewhere!) and all this means that October, our favorite month and time of year is officially here! My oh my, where has 2012 gone?

COMPLETE RULES RE-CAP:
Please read carefully & follow all rules! Thank you!

  • Please sign-up each month that you can participate (and by participate, we mean give as well as receive).
  • Show off your participation by grabbing our RAK button (code is in the right sidebar).
  • Create a wish list (on Amazon, Goodreads, or your blog, etc) and post it in the Google Doc located in each R.A.K post for the month.
  • If you choose to do a R.A.K for someone, check out their wish list and contact that blogger directly for their information.
  • Once you receive a RAK, send us an our new email to [rakbybooksoulmates @ gmail . com] so that we can update the Google Doc. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SEND EMAILS TO THIS ADDRESS!
  • E-book participation is limited to files being gifted directly to a person from the e-book store. Amazon's Kindle Store is set up to allow this, as well as the Kobo store and we believe Barnes & Noble with Nook as well.
  • At the end of the month, SHOW US YOUR R.A.K by making a "RAK Wrap-Up" post. This post should include who you SENT gifts to as well who you RECEIVED gifts from :)

OPEN TO EVERYONE including all our International brethren!

Remember, there's always the Book Depository and they offer FREE shipping!

Easy peezy!!

Links you will need:

Sign up for November 2012 [HERE]
See who else is participating [HERE]
If you have any questions regarding RAK, please contact us via the following: rakbybooksoulmates @ gmail . com

BS_NewSignature


Tips:

1. When talking about RAK on Twitter, please use the hashtag: #RAK. It makes it much easier to keep track of the conversations, answer questions and/or tweet back! =)

2. When submitting your wish list, please make sure that it is set to PUBLIC viewing. Some people have had trouble with wish lists that were set to private. We want to be sure that no one is left out of getting great RAKs.

3. Some of you have gotten frustrated because you can't get your links to appear active. This is a very easy fix :) Just make sure that when you enter your link, do NOT hit the Enter key. Instead, hit the TAB key which will send you to the next field on the form. Additional spaces entered after the link will leave the link inactive. However, if this does happen to you, no worries, we'll fix it for you.


My November Wishlist is:

Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Timepiece by Myra McEntire
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
So Silver Bright by Lisa Mantchev (hardcover to match the others)
Dead to You by Lisa McMann
Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep
Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Black Heart by Holly Black
The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Die For Me by Amy Plum
The Demon's Lexicon (The Demon's Lexicon Trilogy, #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan
Zombies Vs. Unicorns by Holly Black
Shifters Series by Rachel Vincent
Shadow Bound by Rachel Vincent
Team Human by Justine Larbalestier, Sarah Rees Brennan
Passion/Rapture/Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate (HC to match others)
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Bla
Heaven by Alexandra Adornetto (US/CDN HC to match)
Tiger's Curse (Book 1) by Colleen Houck
Incarnate by Jodi Meadow
Destined By P. C. Cast
Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough
Reached by Ally Condie

Happy November everyone!

Cassay Sig

3 comments:

  1. The shitty roads are no fun to drive in, good thing we met up last week! The worse part about the snow that day was having to SHOVEL it. It was like.. 30 cm of snow. With 2 people, it STILL took us an hour and a half to clear our driveway and sidewalk. Then seeing that others were kind of middle age and were shovelling their own driveway by themselves, my brother and I just went and helped them. We were tired but you know, RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS. (: Have a good weekend, Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the edmonton expo was fun. I've never been to one, but I didn't know anyone going so it'd be a total waste! maybe another year :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's totally epic you got to meet Misha! He's who I envisioned as Nicolae in my Warm Delicacy Series! Love him! And Supernatural too lol

    ReplyDelete