Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


January 1, 2013

2012 Wrap–Up and looking forward to 2013

I hope everyone had an awesome New Years eve. We had fun playing poker with friends and family. I won my first game! WOOT WOOT!

2012 was an up and down year for me.

The Downs:

Finding out my mom had breast cancer – This sucked. But she is doing awesome! She is barely getting any of the side effects of chemo so that’s awesome.

Not passing my first PACE level national exam. This stunk even if I didn’t expect to pass.

The cancellation of The Secret Circle. Seriously CW you have 2 chances left with me you blow those and we are SO DONE! I can’t believe you kept Beauty and the Beast over TSC!!! UGH /end rant

The Ups:

Getting to pick out the colors for my condo. I has a blast picking colors it was so much fun!

Getting to meet the Edmonton Book Bloggers. These ladies are super awesome and I can’t wait for our friendships to grow. I’ll finally have more girl friends! HAHA the BF will be happy.

Having the Smart Chicks Kick It Tour come to EDMONTON!!! OMG this is probably my 2nd best moment of 2012. It was amazing having a group of amazing authors stop in little ole Edmonton. I hope more authors head this way. We aren’t all rednecks we can read Smile hehe

Going to When Words Collide in Calgary. It was an awesome experience and I learned a lot about writing and publishing. I also got to attend a “Koffee Klatch” with Kelley Armstrong where we going to have questions in a more casual setting. I also won a 13 t-shirt here which is my new favorite lounging shirt.

And last but not least the best moment of 2012 was on Christmas Eve when my BF of 6 years gave me this:

31540_10152351623555463_1717198577_n[1]

Yep It’s an engagement ring!!!! EEEPPPP!!! I was totally not expecting it. I was in complete shock and besides nodding my head to say yes I don’t think I actually spoke for 15 min I was in so much shock! We are looking at October 2013 for a date.

So I apologize in advance if you get more wedding related posts than book posts.

I know there was some more downs in 2012 but I just can’t think of them and you don’t wanna know the bads you want the good!

Looking Forward to 2013:

In Feb/March we move into our condo. Yep a year and a half has FLOWN by and we are within 3 mths of moving. I can’t believe it and I’m stressing over that a little bit.

This summer I will be taking my final course for my degree and then I only have 3 classes left for my CGA. YAY! Almost done with school!!!

October – I’ll become a married woman.

I am calling 2013 the “Year of Change”

My New Years Resolutions:

I signed up for my 1st challenge ever!

 

This will force me to post at least 1 review a month. I don’t have to have my blog die while I’m busy with real life because its going to be a busy year 0and I hope everyone understands that). But I hope to at least give you 1 review a month.

Lose those last 10 lbs.! Last January 10 I wanted to lose a total of 30 lbs. well I did well until April (tax season) and fell off the work out train and Weight Watchers train. Well this year I have a goal that will actually happen. I want to be skinny when I get married. Since Jan 10 I lost a total of 20 lbs. and about 20 inches. So I did well but I could do better.

Try to enjoy life and not stress out as much over real life and blogging. I need to remember  that blogging is a hobbies and if I don’t have the time I don’t stress over it. (Yes I feel bad like I’m letting everyone down Sad smile )

Attempt to reading some of the e-books that indie authors provided me for review but I wasn’t able to meet that commitment due to taking care of my mom and family during her breast cancer battle. I swear to read at least 1 of these novels every 2 months. I can take time out of my bought list to do this. I want to do this because I said I will.

 

Learn that it is okay to say “no” to a review copy and not feel guilty. This I need to work on. (even though I have a note saying I’m not accepting review copies – I’m still getting emails and feel awful for not accepting. I will work on my guilt.

Best of 2012:

Best Book:

Origin by Jessica Khoury – I LOVED this one it brought my out of my reading slump and made me actually want to read!

Best of the Best:

The Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong / Anything by Kelley. I read majority of Kelley’s adult series this year and I freaking love it so much that all I want to do is read Kelley Armstrong now………NEED MORE!!!

Booked that Surprised me the most:

Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright. These was a review novel (review is to come – I swear its written in draft just need revisions). I wasn’t feeling the story and kept putting it off and when I did read it I was done in 4 hrs.

Best Series Finale:

I completed some series this year and I think my favorite ender would be:

Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Best Movie of 2012:

The Hobbit. No questions asked.

Best Song of 2012:

No Light, No Light by Florence + The Machine. I freaking love love love this song. I could have it on repeat all day long. Haven’t heard it take a listen:

Seriously awesome right? Oh yes.

Best New TV Show:

Revolution – If your not watching this your freaking crazy! Seriously go watch it.

 

So 2013 is going to be busy in my life. I may add more personal content to the blog (I hope you won’t mind)

Any big plans for 2013? What was your favorite read of 2012?

Cheers!

Cassay Sig

12 comments:

  1. I was never really into The Secret Circle, but hubs was ... I really liked The Mob Doctor and it got cancelled. I was so mad!

    I'm sooooo excited for you and your fiance! That is so awesome! :)

    You can reach all your bookish goals! I know you can. I hope you can still keep your blog going ... try to set up a time each morning to work on blog things -- that works for me!

    Here's to an awesome 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means I have to get up earlier than 6:30....that's soo not happening haha 6:30 is to darn early!

      Delete
  2. I miss the Secret Circle, too... *sad sigh* but I still have Vampire Diaries so I'm happy about that at least. I've pretty much stopped watching Beauty and the Beast though...it's not that great. :P

    You're going to have an amazing year, and I'm so glad to hear about your upcoming wedding! I saw the picture of your ring on FB but I'm glad you told us a bit more about it and I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about your wedding, so don't worry we won't mind if you tell us about it. ;) Also, I just have to say CONGRATULATIONS! And your ring is gorgeous!!! :D

    Also, love your best of list! :D Some great picks on there! :D

    Happy New Year, Cassie, and I think your year of change will be a good one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty! Yes I'm glad TVD an Supernatural are still on ( those are The CWs final chances they cancel those and I won't be happy haha)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! :D

      I think I'd boycott everything else CW if they dropped TVD! And one of these days I'll get back on the Supernatural bandwagon...one day! I used to watch the odd episode years ago, but I'm terrible at keeping track on TV shows, so when I didn't have PVR or internet access to TV shows, I missed more episodes than I saw. :P haha

      Delete
    3. It didn't help that it changed nights a few times. I have all the season if you wanna borrow :)

      Delete
  3. I've said this so many times already, but congratulations! :) Also, wow, you 20 pounds AND 20 inches?! That's crazy awesome! I actually want to get into better shape myself, so I understand how you feel, but I think you look awesome. :) Good luck with all your goals, I'm sure you'll be able to reach them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne! The one workout I really like is Jillian Michaels Kettle Bell Shed it with weights. The first time we did it the warm up almost killed us but it was awesome.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with all your goal for 2013! Hopefully it is an awesome year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats again :) what an exciting year for you! I am also in the wedding frame of mind - not for myself, but for my MOM! (and it still sounds weird saying that.....) I even set up a pinterest board for her.
    I will go ballistic if VD is cancelled. I also liked SC. And really enjoying Arrow - H-ello hunky Canadian Steven Amell :) (I confess I also couldn't keep up with Supernatural - one day I'll get to it)
    Movies? I have to say Breaking Dawn 2 - and yes the Hobbit.
    I have an unofficial resolution to read more local or Canadian authors, but it's not going to be exclusive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Thats great that your mom is getting married! My mom has wedding fever! haha I loooove Pinterest its freaking awesome!

      I still need to watch Breaking Dawn 2..........

      Delete