Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


February 26, 2013

Review: Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)

Will love conquer all?
Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.
Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.
But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.
As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for. Excerpt and cover from Goodreads.

If you read my review of Silence (you can find it here) then you know that I loved loved loved the first 2 books in this series and loathed Silence. So with the fact that I hated Silence I went into Finale with extremely low expectations. Was it the best book in the series? No. Was it the worst? No. It did leave me feeling happy for Patch, Nora and Vee. I was content with their endings. I won’t lie I was getting bored while reading it probably until about page 300ish once all the action started up. For me it was too slow with all the talking and drama. I wanted more action and less talking or at least talking that got us somewhere.

Overall, I think it was a good ender for the series taking into account the series of events that happened in Silence. I wouldn’t say this series is my favorite but I know a lot of people would disagree with me. I don’t want to give away any spoilers but you may cry during one scene at the end I know I was sad and you might be happy about a revelation about a certain friend or you may be pissed off about it. I personally liked it.

The Rating:

3 out of 5

The Details:

Format: Hardcover
Dimensions: 464 Pages, 5.5 x 8.25 x 1.5 in
Published: October 23, 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
ISBN - 10:1442426675
ISBN - 13:9781442426672

 

Cassay Sig

6 comments:

  1. I was in the 'didn't think that story arc about the friend was necessary' boat LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be a hit and miss thing. It made me feel happy lol

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you ended up feeling happy for the creepy dude and co. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is all I will think about now when anyone mentions this series is CREEPY DUDE!!! LOL

      Delete
  3. Yes! It was pretty darn slow for me but I was really happy with the ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was seriously scare of finishing the series after yours and Rola's reviews.

      Delete