Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


April 20, 2013

3rd Annual Tax Event: Guest Post – Ambur from Burning x Impossibly x Bright

Today, I have my newest good friend on the blog Ambur from Burning x Impossibly x Bright. Ambur is a fellow Edmonton Book Blogger and we first met at the Smart Chicks Kick It Tour, we have become instant friends and I am glad to have Ambur as a friend and have someone to gush over Cassandra Clare’s novels with. Ambur is also joining me on my adventure to the Calgary Expo where we will get to fan girl over Darryl (The Walking Dead), Tyrion (Game of Thrones) and Draco Malfoy!!!

The Walking Dead Character Gallery

http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-character-gallery/daryl.php

So I asked Ambur the following question and this was her answer.

What made you start reading?

twilightI was always a reader as a child, but I didn’t read nearly as often as I do now. I had a bookshelf with a small collection of books, and would read them every once in a while. It wasn’t until senior high school that I went from reading casually to reading prolifically….and you know what? I have Twilight to thank for that. You see, I actually started reading again when a group of us at school started reading the Twilight Saga and we would all talk about it between classes. I devoured the saga in about a week, and reread a couple times in a row. After that, I just kept on reading. I found City of Bones and The Mortal Instruments (back then it was trilogy :P) right after Twilight, and it was definitely one of the series that prompted me to keep finding more books. The main reason I kept on reading was because it offered a mental escape where I didn’t have to think about school and I was able to relax and let myself just enjoy the words on the page. I still read as an escape and to relax…and if I haven’t read for a while, well I can get a little grouchy. :P

 

Thanks Ambur for answering my question. That how much love of reading started as well. It’s like we are book soulmates! hehe

Make sure you visit Ambur. I swear her blog is full of awesome.

 

Cassay Sig

9 comments:

  1. Funny, I was a big reader before too - But when my kids were little I just didn't have the time or energy. I read Twilight and it literally changed my world! It introduced me to the world of YA books, which was not where I was looking before. It brought back my love of reading! That was 2008, and I haven't looked back since :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh BTW - Sad that Draco is no longer going to be at the expo :(

      Delete
    2. I know! I was reading the post today and I was like I should probably update it. Lol. Twilight seems to change the world for everyone! (Harry Potter started it for me but twilight got me into the romance style books)

      Delete
    3. So glad you two lovely ladies got big into reading after Twilight, too. :D It is too bad about, Tom Felton...*sigh* there go my Draco Malfoy fantastic jk haha

      I loved HP, too, Cassie, but Twilight definitely got me into that crazed reading life that I now live in. ;)

      And we're totally book soulmates, Cassay. ;D

      Delete
  2. I am so excited for the expo and seeing the best part of Walking Dead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up with a serious love of reading - I was totally the girl with her nose in a book everywhere. I've actually read a lot less as an adult, and sometimes I feel terrible about this. I have shelves of books to read, and a growing wishlist of things to check out from the library. But then I also realized how much of the written word I devour every day without thinking about it - novel-length text online, from fanfiction to breaking news to friends' blogs to Wikipedia articles. If anything I probably technically read more... it's just not as many books. And I think I'm okay with that, most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBR piles pure evil! Lol I just got a library card. I think this is dangerous!

      Delete