Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


April 27, 2013

3rd Annual Tax Event: Guest Post: Leanne from Escaping With Books

Today I have Leanne who is the youngest (I believe so anyways) member of the Edmonton Book Bloggers. She is here today to talk about what made her want to start blogging. I hope you enjoy!

 

___________________________________________________ 

Hey! I’m Leanne from Escaping With Books. I really enjoy doing guest posts and I’m thrilled to be here on Cassie’s blog. :)
I thought blogging was lame until I saw how many people did it, and how fun it seemed to be able to share your thoughts with others! Quite honestly, it was through searching for giveaways that I found my way to a blog. And as a I began going through more and more blogs, it made me want to step out of my comfort zone, put myself out there, and start my own blog!
The reasons I decided to start blogging was just to design images for my blog, and also, get some recognition and maybe even interact with authors I looked up too. I first began blogging about a year ago but I wasn’t all too serious about it until around July of 2012. I started my blog knowing only a part of the community, but never imagined it to be quite this large. The first blog I stumbled upon was Book Twirps and I just loved the layout, headers, and all of the design incorporated. Throughout the year, I’ve been to a signing, met up with the lovely bloggers in my city, and even had a chance to review a book for an author. There are so many things that I have learned, and am still learning, for that, I am grateful that I started this blog!

___________________________________________________

Thanks Leanne for sharing your story. I can’t remember how I stumbled on blogs but it was defiantly for giveaways just like you :)

Cassay Sig

2 comments:

  1. I've done my fair share of blogging over the years, and it can be tricky to keep up the stamina sometimes. How do you keep the posts flowing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to reply to this since I just came here for some unknown reason! I honestly don't actually have a steady flow of posts due to school, piano and now, SUMMER SCHOOL. The thing to keep in mind is just to blog for yourself! Even though my blog is mainly for books, I throw in random posts to help people get to know me better, and I also use other mediums such as videos and my photography :)

      Delete