Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


July 3, 2013

Review: The Walking Dead: Book One (Issues 1 – 12) by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, Charlie Adlard, and Cliff Rathburn

The Walking Dead Book 1


Details:

Published: October 12, 2010
Publisher: Image Comics
Source: Bought Hardcover

The Rating:

5 out of 5


Book One of The Walking Dead Includes Volume 1: Days Go Bye

An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: There is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. Rick Grimes finds himself one of the few survivors in this terrifying future. A couple months ago he was a small town cop who had never fired a shot and only ever saw one dead body. Separated from his family, he must now sort through all the death and confusion to try and find his wife and son. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally begin living. Excerpt from Goodreads.

And Volume 2: Miles Behind Us

An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: There is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally begin living. This volume follows our band of survivors on their tragic journey in search of shelter. Characters live and die as they brave a treacherous landscape littered with packs of the walking dead. Excerpt from Goodreads.


The Walking Dead was the first graphic novel that I have ever read. It took a bit of time understanding and getting used to how graphic novels are read but once I got use to it I really enjoyed it. So much so that I had to convince the fiancé now to open up book 2 so I could start reading it. I did watch Season 1 and Season 2 before I read the novels. (We will talk about my thoughts on the novel vs. the show later)

I enjoyed the story and the artwork in the first two volumes. I liked that fact that with graphic novels its feels more about the story than the descriptions of looks and landscape because you get to see it! It’s a wonderful concept that I like.

Graphic Novel vs. TV Show (Note: May Contain Spoilers)

It looks to me that Book 1 and Season 1 are roughly the same. There are some changes such as Daryl isn’t in the novels, but that’s okay because who doesn’t love Daryl?? I know I do! I also don’t mind that they kept Shane longer in the TV Series. I found that I liked him better in the TV show over the novel anyways. He was just an overall ass in the book at least in the TV show he was at least nice at the beginning. Andrea pisses me off in the book and in the TV show….can the writers seriously kill her off already? I do wish that the novel would have had the CDA scenes in it. It gave that mystery of suspense on how everyone started to turn into zombies and that everyone was infected. It gave a much bigger shock in the TV Show when Rick says “WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD”. In the novel I just found it kinda random but I do wish that the TV show would have had him yelling it. Overall, I am extremely happy with the adaption the TV show writers are doing.

Pretty much I need more now!

Cassay Sig

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing!!
    i am a big fan of walking dead stories!!!


    abstract

    ReplyDelete