So with Christmas just around the corner, I am super excited to decorate my own place this year. I am so excited that my decorating skills may make it look like Santa puked in my house. Not because I’m a bad decorator but because there will be so much Christmas decorations!
But Christmas also brings Secret Santa’s! This is probably my favorite part of blogging. Getting to meet a new blogger that I wouldn’t have known before and sending them a special little something this holidays season!
This year I am once again partaking in the 4th Annual Broke & Bookish Secret Santa and I will be partaking in Book Soulmates RAK Secret Santa Style!
Here are the rules from Book Soulmate’s RAK that have been copied and pasted from their website:
RAK is back...Secret Santa style!
In order to allow us time to arrange everything, this special Christmas Edition of RAK is going to run for TWO months instead of the usual one month!
Button was created by Vanmar Designs exclusively for Book Soulmates
(please read thoroughly)
- Participation requires that you agree to send your assigned contact (1) Secret Santa gift (selected from the wishlist provided). In exchange, you will also receive a Secret Santa gift from the person that was assigned your name.
- We suggest that you put a note on/with your gift stating that it's a "Secret Santa RAK gift" and include your name/blog so that the recipient knows who the gift is from :)
- The form will ask you for your Top 5 Wishlist Titles as well as a link to the rest of your wishlist (located on Amazon, Goodreads, or your blog, etc).
- The form will accept sign-ups starting November 1 through November 24.
Sorry guys, but the form will be closed after November 25th to allow us time to assign & distribute.
- All participants will be contacted via email on December 1st with the information for their Secret Santa recipient. It's very important that you check your inbox for this message!
- You will have from December 1st to December 25th (the sooner the better) to send out your RAK. After all, it is to be a Christmas present!
- E-book participation is limited to files being gifted directly to a person from the e-book store. Amazon's Kindle, Barnes & Noble's Nook, and the Kobo store are all set up to allow this. We do not, ever, encourage people to send pirated books so we urge you to use your discretion if/when accepting PDF files not sent through a retailer.
- At the end of the month (by Dec 31st), show us your R.A.K by creating a "RAK Wrap-up" post.
- You may also show off your participation by grabbing our *new* Christmas Edition RAK button!
OPEN TO EVERYONE!
Remember that you can order from Book Depository to ship to an international friend!
Sign up for RAK: Secret Santa 2013
(Note: This time, you guys don't get to see who else signed up because it's a seeecret ;)
If you have any questions regarding RAK, please contact us via Twitter or at our email booksoulmates @ gmail . com
1. When talking about RAK on Twitter, please use the hashtag: #RAK. It makes it much easier to keep track of the conversations, answer questions and/or tweet back! =)
2. When submitting your wish list, please make sure that it is set to PUBLIC viewing. Some people have had trouble with wish lists that were set to private. We want to be sure that no one is left out of getting great RAKs.
3. Some of you have gotten frustrated because you can't get your links to appear active. This is a very easy fix :) Just make sure that when you enter your link, do NOT hit the Enter key. Instead, hit the TAB key which will send you to the next field on the form. Additional spaces entered after the link will leave the link inactive. However, if this does happen to you, no worries, we'll fix it for you.
All pictures and rules and everything related to RAK belong to Book Soulmates – Make sure you check out their awesome website here.
You can find Broke & Bookish Secret Santa information here.
Here are my wish list in no particular order:
Breath by Jackie Morse Kessler
Tidel by Amanda Hocking (Hardcover)
Elegy by Amanda Hocking (Hardcover)
Abandon by Elana Johnson
Sever by Lauren DeStefano (paperback)
Fever by Lauren DeStefano (paperback)
The Evolution o Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (paperback)
Eternal by Kristi Cook (hardcover)
Rise by Andrea Cremer (hardcover)
Shades of Earth Beth Revis (hardcover)