Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


April 8, 2014

Review: Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong




In the Forest of the Dead, where the empire’s worst criminals are exiled, twin sisters Moria and Ashyn are charged with a dangerous task. For they are the Keeper and the Seeker, and each year they must quiet the enraged souls of the damned.

Only this year, the souls will not be quieted.

Ambushed and separated by an ancient evil, the sisters’ journey to find each other sends them far from the only home they’ve ever known. Accompanied by a stubborn imperial guard and a dashing condemned thief, the girls cross a once-empty wasteland, now filled with reawakened monsters of legend, as they travel to warn the emperor. But a terrible secret awaits them at court—one that will alter the balance of their world forever. Excerpt and book cover from Kelley's website



Sea of Shadows is the newest novel to be released by Kelley Armstrong in the YA market. It is much different than the other novels that Kelley has written. I LOVED it though I may be biased by my love of Kelley’s writing and it seems that whatever she writes I’m hooked. While I was reading Sea of Shadows I kept forgetting that I was reading a Kelley novel that is how different this book is. There is action, romance and twists! Everything a good novel requires in my opinion. Moria and Ashyn characters are quite enjoyable and I love that even though they are twins they are different just as twins in real life would be. I can’t wait to read more about the girls as they continue their adventures together. I also really enjoyed Gavril and Ronan’s characters they bring out more of the girls true nature I found. I really enjoyed them even if one of them is a jerk most of the time. I think my only complaint about the novel is that the story just ended randomly. I’m not sure if my eARC was missing pages or if it was actually the end of the novel. To me it felt like “okay we are going to throw this major twist at you and leave you hanging for the second book” almost like a TV Show would leave you hanging in fading to black all of a sudden. 

Rating:

5 out of 5

Source: eARC - NetGalley (Doubleday Canada)

Cassay Sig

1 comment:

  1. Glad you loved this one! It was actually my first Kelley novel, so I don't have anything to compare it to yet. I would have liked to learn more about the Keeper and Seekers roles, so hopefully that will be covered more in the next book.

    ReplyDelete